lunes, 5 de junio de 2023

My Survival Story. By Roberto Monforte


Country Path to Maxcanú


Out of nowhere the road in Maxcanú there was replete with macacos and jaguars. I was on a backpacking trip in the tropical peninsula when a storm hit. The rain came down in sheets and the wind howled through the trees. I quickly realized that I was not prepared for this kind of weather and that I needed to find shelter if I was going to survive.


I searched for a place to ride out the storm and found a small cave on the side of a hill. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. I gathered some leaves and branches to create a makeshift roof and settled in for the night. The storm lasted for three days, and during that time I subsisted on a diet of fruit and nuts that I gathered from the surrounding area. I also collected rainwater in a makeshift container I fashioned from a large leaf.


When the storm finally passed, I emerged from the cave to find that the landscape had changed dramatically. Trees had fallen, rivers had flooded, and the trails I had been following were gone. I realized that I was completely lost. I knew that I needed to find a way to signal for help, so I built a large fire on the beach. The smoke was visible for miles around, and after a few hours, a search and rescue team arrived. They brought food, water, and a map, and helped me navigate my way back to civilization.


Although the experience was terrifying, I learned a lot about survival during my time on the Umán-Maxcanú road. I learned the importance of shelter, water, and food, and how to signal for help in an emergency. Most importantly, I learned to never underestimate the power of nature and to always be prepared for the unexpected.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Dear Students: In this space, you will be publishing best-written texts. Remember that to get you

The Courage of Zach. By Abril Tzab Cuevas.

The courage of Zack There was a little child, named Zack. He lived in the subway on the fourth floor of a block of flats. Zack was unable to...