sábado, 17 de junio de 2023

My Survival Story. By Luisa Blandón Díaz.

 Survival Story


Have you ever had a survival story? To be fair, I’ve always been one to explore the places I go to and interact with nature. Every time I’m at a beach, a forest, or even a farm, I’m always looking at animals and the different features that each place has. By this time, you would expect that I have a crazy survival story about a wild animal attack that I miraculously got out of. However, I unfortunately don’t have one; or at least not exactly. The closest anecdote I have of a life-threatening animal situation was on my grandparent’s farm. 


It was a sunny day back in 2014 (approximately), we went to my grandparent’s farm and my grandad had said that we could ride one of his horses for the day. So obviously, I was the first one to want to ride it. It was a beautiful brown Peruvian horse called “Doña Ileana” if I remember correctly. I got on it and was led by Mr. Freddy, who was the one responsible for taking care of the horses and getting them in and out of the stables. It was all going very normal until suddenly out of the blue, a lizard went racing by below Doña Ileana. The horse jumped onto its two feet, and since the saddle was placed too loose, I ended up flying off into the ground just below the horse's hooves. I remember seeing the huge horse above me, and realizing that if it went down again, I could be crushed.


Thankfully, my parents got me out immediately and I was safe and sound, though terribly scared and in shock. It was a very scary situation, and I was very lucky that the horse stayed up for such a long time. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Dear Students: In this space, you will be publishing best-written texts. Remember that to get you

The Courage of Zach. By Abril Tzab Cuevas.

The courage of Zack There was a little child, named Zack. He lived in the subway on the fourth floor of a block of flats. Zack was unable to...